Well.. That went… Really quickly.
Adrian and I just wanted to give a quick shout out to everyone for such an amazing year! Sparrow Flights has only been live for 5 months and what an incredible journey.
In 2016 we managed to:
- Launch Sparrow
- Build business profiles
- Implement the concierge
- Rebrand to the little black sparrow you see above (Thanks Dave for your input!)
- Implement international flights (via the concierge)
- Showed off Sparrow at StartCon
- Sparrow was a finalist in StartCon’s “Best Mobile App Startup” Category
- Featured as one of “Australia’s top 10 startups to watch” in AFR’s Techinvest magazine
- Met some incredible people along the way.
- And we had a great time doing it!
There are some game changing features in the works, unfortunately I can’t mention them all here.
Some things to look forward to next year:
- New design! I know what you’re thinking, how can we improve further on what we already have? You’ll see…
- Multiple passengers
- Booking for others
- Simpler filters (Improving further on your suggestions Jamie!)
- Some really cool partnerships
- A referral scheme
- And more…
We really couldn’t have done this without you, thank you for all your support over the past year & really hope to see you again in 2017!
Also a MASSIVE thankyou to Andrew, who has been helping out a few days a week – you’re unreal mate!
Wishing you all a safe and happy Christmas and New Year!
Capt. David Shepherd
Co-Founder and official unofficial Captain.